Admire the awe-inspiring exhibits that fill the Mint Museum Uptown and Randolph locations and the Harvey B
69. Get some much-needed “R & R” at popular day spas in Charlotte like Urbana Wellness Spa or Re Salon and Med Spa or get a fast facial at Clean Your Dirty Face.
Arts & Culture
70. Snap a picture in front of the phoenix-like Firebird , designed by French-American artist Niki de Saint Phalle, on the plaza at the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.
71. Download the Arts & Science Council’s Public Art Walking Tour to explore the unique public art in the Queen City, including several frescoes painted by North Carolina native Ben Long, or explore murals and more on a Charlotte ArtWalk.
72. Gantt Center for African-American Arts + Culture. Or get a Levine Center for the Arts Access Ticket for 48-hour admission to these museums plus the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art.
73. Catch an award-winning Broadway show during the Blumenthal Performing Art’s PNC Broadway Lights Series each year or cheer “Bravo!” at a performance by Opera Carolina, the largest professional opera company in the Carolinas.
74. Enjoy the melodious sounds of the Charlotte Symphony, led by nationally acclaimed conductor Christopher Warren-Green and resident conductor Christopher James Lees. In the summer, enjoy a picnic-style show during Charlotte Symphony Summer Pops series at Symphony Park at SouthPark Mall.
76. Stroll through South End’s art scene during a First Friday Gallery Crawl, or meet the artists in residence on an Open Studio Saturday at the McColl Center for Art + Innovation.
77. Take a photography class at The Light Factory and The Photo Classroom , which offer everything from beginner to intermediate classes. Read more